Sometimes you just have to have faith that God has got your back. Like when you try a new hairdresser, or when you are running late to the doctor’s appointment.
It is funny how, I have faith that God is in control over the bigger things, like meeting our financial needs, or sickness. Maybe because those things are so big, that I have no choice but to know that whatever happens he is still God.
But it is in the little things that my faith is streeeeeeeeeached!
Like this week, my subscriber list crashed. Oh, I still have all of your email addresses, but I cannot re-subscribe you. You will have to do that yourself. Trying to get the word out that I need people to re-subscribe is making me feel like my world has collapsed!
I know, it’s just a blog. It is not cancer in the family, or loosing my house, those are the big things that I can cry on God’s shoulder and know that he is hearing me.
But, Dudettes, it’s my Blog! I love my Blog; I love the people that I interact with on it! And now, the list is empty!
Already, I can hear the reverberating sound of my blog echoing off the walls of my empty subscriber’s list! Woe, Woe, I say!
Okay, a little to dramatic; but, no kidding, this is messing up my Happy!
What to do?
1) I try to say calm and remind myself, God multiplied the Loaves and Fishes. So, getting people to put their email address in the correct slot can’t be that hard for him!
2) This did not catch God unaware. There is a lesson to be learned here and for me, it is that the little things are just as important to God as they are to me! His timing is probably a little different from mine, but he cares.
And, I plan on asking God about the “time” issue when I get to heaven. When I drop my children off at ball practice, we synchronize our watches. It seems to me, that this step did not happen when we were sent to this terrestrial plain! He and I never seem to be on the same time schedule. My watch seems to run a little fast, compared to his. But I digress.
3) And finally, I will learn a lesson from a quote by Erma Bombeck, one of my favorite women writers. “Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the ‘Titanic’ who staved off the dessert cart.”
Today may be the only day I have to use the gift of writing that I love so very much. If I write to an audience of One or one-thousand, I write for His glory, telling about the places I see Him intersecting in our everyday life. Even if the subscribers are gone (for now) it doesn’t change my love to Wordsmith this life. So, Write On, I will!
“After all, tomorrow is another day!” ~Scarlett O’Hara
If you would like this blog, delivered without charge, conveniently to your email in box; then, please place your email address into the blank. And remember to click confirm when the confirmation email comes your way!
Latest posts by Diane W. Bailey (see all)
- What God Can Do with A Shattered Heart - September 5, 2022
- When It Is Time to Bring Your Ship Ashore - January 2, 2018
- Art Of Hospitality – How to Love Others As Ourselves - November 27, 2017
Subscribe for updates!
Join our mailing list and be the first to receive the latest news.
Look for blog posts, podcasts and and an occasional newsletter, and all of it is fashioned for wise women.